Blue Owl is Hiring a Packaging Person!
Blue Owl Brewing is a unique sour-mash brewery in Austin, Texas producing 3,000 bbl annually on a 30 bbl system. We are looking to fill a vacancy immediately for a packaging person with some experience OR we will train the right person who wants to get into the industry.
Our ideal candidate would have either a bit of packaging experience under their belt, or have no brewery experience but be super passionate about beer and brewing and wants to make a career out of it! We are a small group of passionate, talented, creative folks so we need a good fit culturally as well as adaptability as we all do a little bit of everything.
We offer a competitive hourly wage (with tip share), 3 weeks PTO, free beer (of course), 50% covered health insurance, and because of our small workforce, a lot of opportunities for collaboration in beer prototyping, and brand design, and continued education.
Job responsibilities include:
· Raw materials: Assessment, organization, management, and inventory
· Packaging: We package our sour beer using a Wild Goose 5-head can filler. The candidate would need to eventually run or be able to run a similar canning line. Including prep, cleaning, and maintenance. Also, kegging and keg cleaning will be part of the week (but that’s generally more straightforward).
· Finished Product Management: All the canned/kegged product needs to go somewhere! So the candidate would work with our distributor as well as our taproom to establish how much is needed and where.
· Cleaning and Organizing: This role is the go-to person for making sure the warehouse area is organized, cleaned, and ready for the next process event. This includes a lot of forklift work. Our brewery isn’t all that huge so keeping things organized is key for everyone’s sake!
· Weekly Breakdown: A typical work week will include 2 days working on the canning line and kegging. There are another 2 days of prep work for the canning runs and organizing for the upcoming week. Finally, there’s generally a wrap-up day for cleaning and preparing for the following week.
Ideal experience and abilities:
· 0-2 years of relevant packaging experience
· Self-management and accountability are crucial in this environment where it’s a small team, leanly operating.
We are an equal opportunity employer. To apply please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org